I also heard a little bit ago on the radio that there will be a group at tonight's meeting protesting a police shooting in the city, so should be another wild time.
Here are some of the items on tonight's agenda for those who might want to attend:
- Consent Agenda Items
- Accepting a JAG grant for the Police Dept for $76,781
- Renewing DPOA agreement to hire supplemental police for downtown at $120,000 for the year
- Agreement with School District (PUSD) to cofund Community School Resource Officer
- Agreement to lease purchase CNG Trash Trucks over 7 years for $4.1 million.
- To put on the November ballot a city version of the charter amendment to compete with the Charter Review Commission's charter amendment
- To put on the November ballot a $61 per parcel tax to go to the Fire Contract (total $3 million/year)
- To put on the November ballot a $38 per parcel tax to go to the Library to continue library services
- Changes to job descriptions to allow new library staff to be hired as hourly, non-benefited, part time workers
- Ordinance allowing for the impounding of cars as nuisance when involved in an arrest for prostitution.
- Public Benefit funding for:
- $100 to Latino Art Museum
- $200 to Fairplex Big Yellow Bus program
- $75 for Latina Roundtable Meeting at Philadelphia Park