Sunday, April 18, 2010

On a Much Lighter Note

So, I teach one day a week in Downtown LA on Fridays. Since my last class ends at about 6:00 pm, I usually stop and have some dinner so I'm not caught in the worst of the "getaway" traffic on the 10 freeway.

This past Friday at about 7:30 pm, as I was driving north on Olive, there were suddenly some cones blocking off the left lane (one way street). I moved one lane to the right and was stopped two cars back from the crosswalk. I then saw, in the crosswalk, a guy dragging another guy backwards looking toward the curb to the left . . . What the heck . . . so I looked toward where he was looking and saw a man and woman pointing guns at these guys . . . uh oh . . . then I glanced up to see a boom mic. Oh! The couple with the guns were Gary Sinise and Melina Kanakarides.

In case you didn't know, CSI: NY is filmed right here in LA. I've seen NY cabs and buses on a number of occasion cruising the downtown streets.

Oh, ain't it grand to be in LA.

No comments: