Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pomona Photos Survive


A couple of days ago I was aghast when I learned that Ren's Corner had disappeared from the blogosphere. Ren has been providing photos to Goddess of Pomona's site, Pomona Heritage, and Historical Society of the Pomona Valley for most of the past year, so having his blog disappear was disconcerting.

Fortunately, I had his email address and was able to contact him regarding what happened. He and I met yesterday at dba257 (my first meeting with him in person) and I learned what happened. Ren (actually Richard E. Nunez) has some health issues which were being negatively impacted by his working on the computer. The repetitive motion was causing his arms to go numb and he decided that he could no longer maintain the blog. Rather than just let it go dormant as other bloggers do, he was concerned that if it was there that he'd feel compelled to continue to post. So, he unceremoniously shut it down.

However, fear not. He has decided that he can still post his photographs, minus the commentary and it wouldn't cause him health problems. He has created a new blog called Images of Pomona. This blog is dedicated to documenting the things that Ren sees around town. It's only been up for a few days and he already has 83 (and counting) images posted. They cover the gamut from the construction at the Fox, the chalk art on 2nd St., The "swimming pool" that is the Watt project, to a lot of wonderful images of various buildings and things around the city. If you have a chance, take a look at Ren's new home. I, for one, am just happy that he's out there contributing what he can.

5 comments:

Ms. Lois said...

John,

Thanks for letting us know. I hope ren continues to improve.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the cliche, but a picture says a thousand words.

Andrew said...

oh no! poor REN! I think REN Should get turned on to Flickr.com I love that site for Photo Sharing. It might be right up his alley, I hope his health improves.

pomona's art colonists said...

Although I have never met Richard in person, we have e-mailed a few times. His blog will be missed, he was always on the scene and many times the first to break the story. He is also a great photographer and is very generous to share these photos with us, thank you Richard!
I wish him the best.
-Susie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your talents with the community, Richard :)