Friday, November 14, 2008

tomorrow morning! yes, you!


As you may be aware, there are protests at City Halls across the country tomorrow against the passage of Prop. 8. And Pomona is going to be having one of its own! From 10:30am to 3pm, we will be letting the community know that it is NOT okay to take away anybody's civil rights. I don't think I'll be able to stay the entire time, but say hey if you see me!

Full information is available on Facebook.

Speaking of Prop. 8, if you haven't seen Keith Olbermann's commentary on the subject, you really need to go see it. Normally I'm not a big fan, but this is both right and quite moving.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 4 1/2 hour lonrg protest?
Are they serving lunch?

meg said...

Heh, no. Although there's a Quizno's nearby...

As I said, I can't stay for the whole thing. But I learned one important thing about demonstrations a long time ago (Tianamen Square protests, I think): Always take water, snacks, and sunscreen!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there from 11:30 - 1, protest signs in hand.

meg said...

You'll recognize me by the lime-green and neon-orange VOTE NO ON 8 sign that I'll be wielding, er, carrying. See you there!

David Dust said...

Meg -

Dust Bunnies REPRESENT!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Send me pics and/or a report and I'll include you in my "Dust Bunnies Take To The Streets!" post.

Anonymous said...

See you all there:^)

Anonymous said...

Heck I was there but I don`t have any ideal what any of you look like lol.

Andrew said...

I ride a bike and wear a fedora-like-hat. that's how you know it's me.

Anonymous said...

I was with the guy holding the "straight white male republican for gay rights" sign.

Andrew said...

Pride, Were you in any of the videos i recorded?

Anonymous said...

I don't think so. I left before the group marched, so I think I missed my moment of fame ;)

Anonymous said...

Great videos, by the way!