Thursday, November 20, 2008

Teased again!

Why do the city employees tease me so? Here, I was so excited over seeing the Cultural Arts Agendas online (well at least the September and October agendas), that I leaped to the conclusion a new day had indeed come to the city of Pomona. But no, it's still the same Pomona.

I've been anxiously visiting the city website since Monday and I still got NOTHIN'. Cultural Arts who cares about that. The residents won't notice if it's not online. I'll do the minimum, why not? Why should I care about giving residents quick access to a commission agenda? Who cares whether volunteers on the Commission might want some public interest or input? It's not my problem!

Oops, did I say that with my outside voice.

Here's the information from the agenda:

Meeting tonight (11/20) @ 6PM in the City Council Closed Session Room

Chalk Festival Update--1)approve additional award of plaque for teacher's service, 2) approve additional monetary award for best all-around winners, and 3) approve donation of remaining chalk to participating schools.

Downtown Pomona Specific Plan--Commission recommendations for proposed public art ordinance.

High Schools of Pomona mural project

Next meeting is Thursday January 15th @ 6PM.

In my disgusted state, the real gut buster was reading "In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Community Services department at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.........." Gee, if you really cared about someone with a disability you would post the bloody agenda online!

Here's my worthless proposal of the day: move the Cultural Arts Commission to the Planning Department. The Historic Preservation agendas and the Planning Commission agendas manage to make it online.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the City Clerk being responsiblie for posting all agendas online and at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting....just a thought.

Andrew said...

someone that works for the city (AKA "us") should be taking responsibility! I had my student government meeting today so couldn't make it to this one. At least our transportation agenda got approved, now our employees can carpool with the rest of the university and receive incentives for using public transport!

Anonymous said...

A truly worthless proposal...

calwatch said...

But it is better than before, when they didn't post their minutes and staff reports online. I bitched at the City Clerk's office, with my councilwoman, and would hog the binder at the front many times. The next step would be to put presentations online.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....information about the public's business online - we can dream can't we?

Anonymous said...

I am under the impression that the department that puts together the agenda is responsible for getting the agenda posted. A recent council meeting before the chalk art revealed that the Cultural Arts commission has no budget. That seems to explain missing online agendas... right?